Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Letters #33

Happy Friday Y'all! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week. This week was pretty low-key. We have zero plans for the weekend other than getting ready for our trip next weekend! 

Dear Saturday and Sunday, Thank you for being an amazing. It was filled with studying and relaxation. I also got hooked on the BBC show "Call the Midwife". I may or may not have binge watched that. 
 On Sunday, we had a nice dinner at our church and then came home to color Easter eggs. We tried this nail polish marbling technique for some, and it was an experience to say the least. (But that's a story for another day.) I wish we could have been back home coloring eggs with my Abuela, but one day, we will be back. 


Dear Monday, I had a wonderfully lazy morning and a pretty great day at work. I was able to leave work an hour early which was amazing. 

Dear Tuesday, Another lazy morning with a little bit of GRE studying happened. Wednesday-Thrusday consisted of the same routine. I am proud to say I worked out four days this week, so that was pretty amazing. On Thursday, I read some exciting news- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is opening in Osaka, Japan this July! I have known about this park for the last 9 months, but I never knew when it was scheduled to open. Now I can finally plan my October trip and see Harry Potter world. 

Dear Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I am beyond excited that in a few short months I will be traveling to Harry Potter world. So excited in fact, I kept telling Matt… I'm so excited I'm so excited over and over again. I am searching for the perfect outfits to wear to the park. Woo Hoo! 
(Yes, I'm a HP nerd and proud of it.) 


Dear Friday, Today was a pretty good day. I had my problem student Edward today, but luckily that class went by fast. Mr. Edward likes to be really rude in class, and he spends most of his time sitting with the director of the school because he is such a disruption. I don't know why he even bothers coming to class since he refuses to listen, but such is life. He's a little turd and some times I dread his class. But enough with the annoying student :) 

I was able to leave work 2 hours early today, and it was a amazing. I got to leave work when it was still light outside which never happens. I also got to Skype with my Abuela and Papa which was really nice. I love being able to just press a button and hear their voices. 



And that brings this week to a close. 
I hope you all had a wonderful week and have a great weekend! 

Love, Alex. 

12 comments:

  1. What a low-key week. Glad you are disciplined enough to spend time studying. Hope it pays off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bree. I hope it pays off as well. I'm just ready to get the test behind me regardless of the score. Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love your eggs! Coloring eggs is my favorite part of Easter. We used sharpees this year to draw on our eggs then dipped them in coloring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coloring eggs is my favorite part of Easter as well. The sharpe idea sounds really neat. Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  3. Your eggs look amazing! Mine never look that nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha- thanks Polly! I don't think I will ever use nail polish to color eggs again, but it was a fun experience.

      Delete
  4. wow! i love to read your blog... hey, please post a new entry on how to improve english because i'm not too good in english :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Syahirah! I'll try to get something started on that topic.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I am waaay behind on Call the Midwife- thanks for reminding me to play catch up! And no shame in being a Harry Potter nerd, I'm be just as excited as you to visit Wizarding World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you watch Call the Midwife! It's such a good show. And I'm glad you're a fellow HP nerd. I am beyond excited to see the park.

      Delete
  6. Ah there's always one student, I have the same in my classes although thankfully he is not as disruptive as yours sounds! Do you still do button swaps? If so I'd love to swap with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha- There's always that one student it seems! I would love to do a button swap!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex