Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, January 27, 2014

Favorite Things: January

The last few weeks I have come across a few wonderful things that I really want to share with you guys. Some things that I think will brighten your day. And let's be honest, on Mondays, who doesn't need a little brightness to their day? 

So, without further ado, here are a few of my favorite things. 

The Civil Wars 

I know I talked about them last year, but I recently purchased their newer album and I completely love it. Here is a video of one of my favorite songs from the album. 


The Longest Way Home: One Man's Quest for the Courage to Settle Down by Andrew McCarthy 

About six months ago, my dad recommended this book to me. I bought it right away, but it took me about 5 months to get around to reading it. And I really enjoyed it. This book is all about Andrew McCarthy finding his way home and being able to settle with his family. Andrew was a member of the 'Brat Pack' and started in movies such as Pretty in Pink and St. Elmo's Fire. The book takes you to the Amazon, Patagonia, Costa Rica, Killmanjaro, and a couple other wonderful places. For a good review of the book click here. I really did love this book. 



Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed 

This was another recommendation from my dad, and again I took a long time getting around to reading it. I bought it at the airport in San Francisco right before my flight to Korea, and still I didn't start reading this book until a few weeks ago. I'm about about 3/4 done with the book and to be honest I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love it, and I think you should read it, but it's hard for me to read. Similar to McCarthy's book, this book is all about finding yourself and 'coming home'. At times the things she shares are heartbreaking and frustrating, but it's completely honest. And that's why I've stuck through the book, and recommend it to you.  

Honey and Lace 

In love! This on-line store has the most amazing maxi and pencil skirts. I can't wait to order a few for the spring season. Since I don't really wear pants all that often, I like to get a few new skirts every once in a while, and this season I think I'm going to go with Honey and Lace

{via}

Pen and Paint -Etsy Shop 

{via}

Seriously, how beautiful! I encourage all of you to hit up her shop and order something. I know I will be pretty darn soon. 

Rifle Paper Co. {Shop link here}

I was searching around the other day and came across a wonderful paper company. Rifle Paper Co. has an amazing selection of cards, stationary, prints, and calendars. 




And there you go- a few of my favorite things. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex