Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday's Letters #12

Dear October, Bye Bye. I will miss you, but it's time to move forward. It's been a pretty good month, and you've given us a lot of good memories. Thanks for being nice and cool. Even though Korea's pumpkins were really flat and bumpy we still had a great time making our pumpkin. Halloween in Korea is definitely different, but it was nice to still carry on our Ho Family traditions here. 

{I know I showed this picture yesterday, but how cool is this pumpkin! Matt did an awesome job painting it.} 

Dear Halloween Party, Well JC School- you did a pretty good job of putting on a Halloween Party. The kids really loved it and I had a pretty good time. There really is no better way to end a work week than with a holiday party. Even though you guys don't celebrate Halloween it was great! Dear S. Teacher, when you asked if I could face paint I nearly died! I am not an artist at all! I can't draw to save my life, but I wanted to be helpful so I tried my best. Dear Students, I'm sorry your face painting didn't turn out that well. Although you were all so nice and told me I was a wonderful artist. It was pretty nice of you to lie to me. It was also cute hearing you all run around yelling trick or treat to get candy. 

{PS- How cute are my kids. Some of them seem genuinely amazed at what I painted on their hand. But I thought they all looked so bad! I was so embarrassed, but at least I stepped up and helped out at the party.} 

Dear November, I am so happy to see you. You know you've always been my favorite. I am excited to celebrate Thanksgiving and our 3rd anniversary in South Korea. I just know it's going to be an adventure. PS- Did you hear? I am participating in the Thankful Project which is pretty much dedicated to you November :) 

Dear Eli, How cute were you this Halloween. And yes, I did steal this picture from your parent's Facebook account... but what can I do. I haven't received any monthly update pictures from your mother. 


Dear Church Ladies, Last Saturday- you saw me and shoved this witch's hat on me, forced me into this tiny jacket, and made me pose with a broom. It was probably one of the funniest things that happened to me that night. Our Ward Halloween party was so much fun. The missionaries put together a Haunted House of sorts and it was such a blast. This poor investigator was stuck with us during the games, but he was a really good sport.


{Min-Soo and Matt after playing the Mummy Game}

Dear Readers, Happy November! And thanks for reading and leaving all your great comments. Have a great weekend. Dear Friday Flashbacks, I know I have been neglecting you for a while, but I promise to get back to you soon.

Love, Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex