Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, October 21, 2013

Expat to Expat Q&A: October

Last week, was the monthly Expat to Expat Q&A link up with Belinda and Bailie. I had some other stuff planned for last week, so I thought I would share my answers with you today. If you missed any of previous Expat to Expat answers just click here


Question #1: How does your family and friends back home perceive your new life, and is it accurate?

Other than most thinking we are pretty crazy for moving to South Korea, I think many of them have this idea that Matt and I teach a little and travel a lot. I understand that if you look at our life according to this blog it kinda seems that way, but we actually work a lot. As much as I want this blog to be a real interpretation of our lives here in Korea- I think our Monday-Friday life is pretty boring. We are still real people- we are just in Korea. Some weekends we are exploring around our area, and some we are just catching up on things to get down around the house. {For example, we still don't have a couch or plates for our apartment yet...} Matt and I are essentially homebodies that sometimes like to explore :) For the most part, we watch way too much Hulu and read in bed. 

{Matt and I in Hawaii- you know living the 'glam' life of travel} 

Question #2: Do you find the need to edit your life from friends and family? 

Hmmm edit... not really. I pretty much share what happens in our day to day life exactly like it happens. Maybe not on this blog - I mean who needs to hear that Matt and I bickered about getting lost on our way to Seoul... But I do Skype with my family a lot, especially my mom, and I tell her everything. She then tells everyone else. I don't want my family to worry, so I tend to make sure they know everything that is going on. For as long as I can remember, I have used my mom as a sounding board when I am upset. To completely cut this habit would be strange. So if I am upset I usually tell her everything. 

 When looking at this blog, I tend to share a lot, and if I have a bad day- I usually mention it. But again- I don't want to completely bum people out, so I usually share the basics. I think some feelings should stay private. I really think there's a balance of sharing and over-sharing to the point that your readers think you're a whiner... which I totally am, but I don't want YOU to know that. :) 

{Since I talked about my family- I thought I would share a picture. This is my Abuela, me, and my little sister Olivia. By the bye, how awesome is that t-shirt quilt my MIL made me.} 

And there you have it! What do you think? If you're an expat- what are your answers. I would love to hear from you. 

PS- If you're a new follower- Welcome! I'd love for you to stay and read awhile! 

Happy Monday Y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex