Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting Crafty: Shaped Crayons [A Tutorial}

While I was home for the summer, the kids and I decided we wanted to get a little crafty. So I turned to a few of my go to blogs and found a project that the three of us could agree on. 

Make your own Shaped Crayons from My Sister's Suitcase

This was perfect because all you need is:
Crayons {We used a bunch of leftover crayons we had laying around and they worked perfectly.} 
A Knife and Cutting Board
And a Muffin Tin or Silicon Mold 

*You guys probably have most of these supplies laying around your house! 



All you need to do is peel your crayons and chop them into small pieces. 
*Note: I had the kids peeling while I chopped. 
Each kid had their own plate where they divided the colors they wanted to use. 


When that is done, put the crayon pieces in the molds. 



Each kid had their own row, so they could determine what their own crayons looked like. 

When this was done, we popped them in the oven at 250 for about 10-12 minutes. 

*Note: We didn't use all the muffin tins because we were tired of peeling the crayons. While I was happy to recycle the crayons we had, it definitely made peeling the old crayons pretty hard. 

When we took them out of the oven we were a little concerned because they looked really ugly. 

But here is how they turned out. 




Pretty cute if I do say so myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex