Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, June 14, 2013

My Month RACK (Random Act of Kindness)

If you remember, I am dedicating the 14th of every month to completing a Random Act of Kindness. 

This month I actually did my Random Act a little early, but I figured it's not so much about the date as the act itself. 

The other day I pulled into Foodland and saw a guy that looked a little down and had a sign that said he was hungry and needed food. 

I went into the store and got my groceries, and while checking out I picked up a Foodland gift card. It wasn't a huge amount, but I felt like it was the right thing to do. 

My plan was to give him the card and go home, but after handing him the card I decided to go to Subway and get him a sandwich. So in we went to Subway, and I bought him a sandwich, chips, and a drink. 

And I felt really good after doing this. So far my RACKS have been pretty third party or anonymous because that's what I felt it should be, and because I tend to avoid human contact whenever possible. 

But I am SO glad I did this. In a normal situation, I would probably ignore the guy (as bad as that sounds). 

After I bought the sandwich and he had the gift card, I could tell he was really happy. And I really felt as if I made a difference that day. 


I would encourage all of you to complete a RACK sometime! And make sure to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex