Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, May 30, 2013

So, Should I Prepare a Speech? : Liebster Award

I was nominated for a..... Liebster Award! 

What? You've never heard of it? Well, color me surprised! So I'll explain. 


The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. {Which I think is great cause I actually meet this requirement.} The definition of Liebster is  sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. This award is meant to build your blogging community, and I love that! 

I was nominated by my friend Rita over at Champagne n Pizza. I met Mrs. Rita earlier this month when we were matched for a Cara Box (which is a whole different post.) But this lady and her blog are awesome. If I ever find myself in Texas, although I'm not sure why I'd be there, I will look this lady up! 

I am so happy and shocked about being nominated! I think the last time I was nominated for something was in 8th grade when I was 'Most Likely to Succeed'... So, thanks a bunch Rita! 

Here are the Rules: 

After being nominated, you should- 

Acknowledge the blog that nominated you via post.Write 11 random facts about yourself.Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.Post 11 questions for them to answer.Notify all the bloggers you've selected that they've been nominated.You CANNOT nominate the blog who nominated you.


So here we go! 

11 Random Facts About Me: 

1. I still sleep with a blanket that I got when I was 8. Her name is Babushka. I take her almost everywhere, and she is the first thing I pack when going on a trip. 
2. I am addicted to chapstick. I have it with me at all times. I also lose chapstick all the time. 
3. I once stole a Hansen poster because my mom wouldn't buy the magazine for me. 
4. I watch the show Friends on TBS and Nick at Night, even though I owe all ten seasons on DVD. 
5. I could watch a Harry Potter marathon every weekend... and I could easily be convinced to watch a Twilight marathon. 
6. I could spend a whole weekend just reading. 
7. I often talk to myself and to the t.v. {This gets worse when I am by myself for long periods of time.}
8. Lizards creep me out. 
9. I love blog stalking. I do it everyday. 
10. I drink 3 + liters of water everyday. Matt says it's cause white people need more water. {He's half Asian and hates drinking water.} 
11. I teach 7th grade Hawaiian and Pacific history.... and I am 100% Caucasian. 

Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created: 


1. How'd you decide to name your blog?
I think it was pretty random. I like to read and I was sharing everything on our blog, so I put the two together. 

2. What is your favorite thing to do when you get home
Read and go on a walk with my hubby. 

3. First word that comes to mind in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... go!
Castle. 

4. Never have you ever...
Gone skinny-dipping. 

5. Weirdest place you've... eaten.
Above a crypt in London. 

6. Favorite food to eat?  (You must eat it tonight now.)
Turkey Sandwich (boring but so so yummy) 

7. What will you name your first child or next animal (if you don't want a kid)?
Girl: Temperance Kitty Boy: Perseus Tetsuo 
Dog: Bones, or Thor 

8. Hot button issue:  gifboom or A Beautiful Mess.  Which app do you like more?  (If you don't have either, feel free to download them and thank me for letting you know about them.  Now that you have them, what do you think?)
Hmmm... they were both new, but I'm going with A Beautiful Mess 

9. If you were to take me on a blate (blate= blogger date), where would we go?
Go to a Thrift Store- pick clothes for the other person and then go around town in the said Thrift Shop clothes. 

10. What is the most interesting thing you know about Texas?
Mmmm... it's the lone star state? 

11. How excited are you that I nominated you for this award?
SOOOOOOOO Excited! 


My 11 Nominees: 


11 Questions for my Nominees to Answer: 
1. If you won the lottery how would you spend it? 
2. If a movie was made about you, who would be cast to be you? 
3. What time in history would you have liked to be born in and why? 
4. What would the title of your biography be? 
5. What's your dream job? 
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 
7. Are you a night owl or early bird? 
8. What book are you currently reading? 
9. What's the most adventurous thing you have ever done? 
10. Best date you've ever been on? 
11. Favorite thing about blogging? 

And that's that! Again I am so thankful to Rita for doing this. It's so much fun! 

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. ok, I love your answers!!! I have actually done your blate idea! That is so fun and awesome that you would do that, too! And I talk to myself ALL the time. So, we should get bag lady clothes at the thrift store and walk around town talking to ourselves together! :)

    If you are ever in Texas, look me up for sure!!! (and if I can talk my husband into teaching in Korea, I will look you up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your cool nomination! :)
    Oh, and talking to yourself is normal. I talk to myself all the time...especially in grocery stores. I guess that explains why the people at Safeway are constantly asking if I'm finding everything okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I am not the only one that talks to myself. Matt thinks I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex