Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Holiday Recipe: Reindeer Food

Back in high school a friend of mine, Aimee, gave me a wonderful holiday recipe called 
Reindeer Food. 

I loved it from the first taste, and I have been making it ever since. Because this has become a annual tradition for me, I thought I would share it with you. 

Here is what you will need: 


In a large bowl mix 6 cups of the Chex cereal, 2 cups Pretzels, 2 cups of Dry Roasted Peanuts, and 1 (12 oz) bag of plain M&Ms. (I use the holiday red and green ones.) 


In a microwave safe bowl melt the two bags of white chocolate. I add about a tablespoon of vegetable oil to help the chocolate not stick. I have found 3 minutes to be a perfect time in the microwave, but I stop it every minute and stir it. 


After the chocolate is melted, pour it over the dry mixture. Make sure you get chocolate on all the mix. 


Then lay the mixture out on max paper to set. 

Break into pieces and store in air tight container. You may refrigerate it you like. 

And Enjoy! 

Reindeer Food is perfect for gifts, parties, or just snacking around the house. Try it out and let me know what you think! 

Thanks Aimee for the yummy recipe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex