Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Friday Flashback #25

In honor of this weeks festivities:


October of my senior year of high school my aunts, mom, and Abuela decided to on a 'Girls Trip' to New York City... seeing as I didn't want to be left out... I tagged along (read here- forced myself along)!

One of the things we wanted to do was get on the Today show (you know- be the obnoxious people in the background waving at the cameras). So we came up with the idea (and by we- I think it was just my Aunt Nickie- the one with the orange hair) to have matching shirts relating to Halloween. So we did different witches that start with W. (Wise, Wild- Aunt Sara-, Wicked, Wacky, and Waggish) Nickie also created a candy gram all about the Today show and us... it was great!

I am pleased to share that we got on the Today show... not just once but TWICE and not just for a second... for a lot of seconds!!! It was awesome! It was freaking freezing and we had to get to the studio at like 4:30 in the morning, but it was such a great experience and I am happy to have shared it with these fun ladies! I usually don't like being such an obvious tourist, but it was fun to just let my guard down and be the obnoxious Southern in the Big Apple.. plus I was on T.V. which is just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex