Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Dangerous Banana



There are two things you should know about me:

1. I love bananas.
2. When I eat bananas I get extremely sick... like sick sick.

This is a relatively new condition- I first noticed the effect bananas had on me around 2008ish when I kept getting sick when I ate acai bowls. I thought this was just the berries, but alas I found out it was banana.

Since getting married, I have eaten three bananas and have gotten sick with each one of them. But the funny thing is- every time I try one I think this time it won't hurt. And every time I get sick, Matt says I told you so.

I keep trying banana in different things and in different amounts to see if I can eat just a little bit. The last time I tried it I only ate one slice and it still made me sick.

I have tried banana bread.... sick

I have tried apple banana thinking this hybrid fruit would be okay--- false.

My newest kick is trying a smoothie with banana. I think maybe, just maybe, it will work out, but Matt is not convinced and refuses to let me try.

All I want to do is eat a banana and be okay, but if I do my whole day is ruined. It's really depressing! And what's worse is knowing I shouldn't eat bananas makes me want to eat a banana!!!!

Are there any things that make you sick, but you still eat? If so, what do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex