Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Friday Flashback #21 (On a Saturday)

I know I have been out of touch lately (I will give you an update in a later post), but I thought I would give you all a Friday Flashback first.

In the spirit of the Olympics I thought I would share one of my favorite memories:

My brother Joe and I have always enjoyed watching the Olympics. I love both the Winter and Summer Olympics, but during the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics I became obsessed with Apolo  Anto Ohno and speed skating. Since then I have always really liked watching that sport and Apolo.

During the 2010 Winter Olypmics, Joe and I thought we would turn our downstairs kitchen area into a speed skating rink. And then Joe and I thought we would be the speed skaters. So there we were racing around our kitchen in our socks trying to race like the great Olympian speed skaters.

It was one of the funniest things we have ever done and probably closest to the strangest thing we have ever down. This was the first Olympics Matt ever experienced with me and I think he definitely was a little worried with what he would have to deal with every couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex