Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friday Flashback #19

Here is a short and sweet story for y'all:



When I was in about the 2nd-3rd grade Atlanta starting construction on the carpool lanes for the interstate highways. These special highways came with a special acronym-- one, of course,  that I could never remember.

One day my mom and I were heading up to visit my Abuela and Papa. We were living in Macon at the time, about a 3-4 hour drive away from Roswell (where my grandparents were). As my mom got into Atlanta I asked: "Mom, are you going to get in the SOB lane?"

SOB!?!- yup that's what I said. Apparently, as a young child I tended to mix up my acronyms! The correct   acronym I was looking for was HOV- High Occupancy Vehicle Lane- not SOB or Son of a B****!

Man, first bastard now SOB I bet you are wondering what lovely people were raising me..... I wonder that all the time :) Just joking..... kinda....no really!

Hope you enjoyed! Leave your comments if you have ever made a similar mistake as a child-- it would make me feel a little bit better about myself.

Stay tuned for a Flashback about Matt next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex