Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Friday Flashback #6

Sorry I am off a day. I started lacrosse practice yesterday so things were a bit busy.

This week this flashback is in memory of Whitney Houston. I know, I know- everyone is doing this now because of recent death, but with her death I remembered a memory of my childhood.

In 1996, Johnbenet Ramsey was killed at the age of 6. At that time I was 8 years old and I was deeply affected by this death. Her murder was all over the news and I remember feeling so sad about this, but looking back I know I did not really understand everything that was going on.

Anyway, around the same time I became addicted to Whitney Houston's cover of I Will Always Love You. I would sit down in my grandparents basement and play my cassette tape of the song and just sing it at the top of my lungs. And while I was singing it I would think about Johnbenet and just sing.

As I am writing this I am realizing how depressing all of this is, but when I was telling Matt we started laughing. So maybe you guys can just laugh and think about an awkward 8 year old sing alone in a basement... maybe? Well at least hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. I'm laughing just picturing you singing in the basement as an 8-year-old girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex